- Police 110
- Fire Service 112
- Red Cross/Ambulance 1 92 22
- Germany: 20 g letter € 0.55, postcards € 0.45
- Europe: 20g letter € 0.70, postcards € 0.65
- Rest of the world: 20g letter/airmail € 1,70, postcards € 1,00
- Tel: +49 (0) 7531 2 22 22 or 2 22 23 or 67777 or 66677
- Taxi charges are displayed on the taxi meter and are based on the distance travelled.
Long-distance international calls and local calls can be made from most public telephone boxes. International calls can also be made from post offices and hotels.
Service is usually included in hotel and restaurant charges. However, if you find the service particularly friendly and accommodating, it is also customary to leave an additional tip.
Traffic regulations / Speed limits
- In Germany cars drive on the right hand side and overtake on the left.
- 50 km/h in towns
- 100 km/h on country roads
- No speed restrictions on the autobahn (motorway), unless otherwise indicated